Lesser Known Facts About Hyderabad
Hyderabad is one of the most wonderful places in India and best for exploring the history of the country. Mughals and Nizams ruled here for a long time and created many magnificent architectural works. There are many other places to visit in Hyderabad which will not disappoint you. Some world-famous recipes can be found on its streets and few ancient markets still exist here.
Today, in this article, we will be discussing a few interesting facts related to Hyderabad which will help you know more about this place. So let’s begin.
- Humans are always amazed by the shimmering looks of pearls. This place is the main centre for diamonds and pearls trade in India. Due to this reason, it is given the title ‘City of Pearls’.
- 18 metres long statue of Buddha which is made of rocks and weighs around 450 tons, is located here and is the biggest on the earth of its kind.
- When it comes to population, it is the fourth most populous city in the country.
- If you know nothing about this place, then also, you might have heard of the famous Hyderabadi Biryani. It is famous everywhere in the globe. More than 140 varieties are available. It is believed to come to India from Iran during the period of Nizams.
- Do you enjoy movies? This place is perfect for you as there is a theatre called Prasad IMAX which has the largest 3D screen in the country with its screen of dimension 72×95. it can occupy around 635 people and is one of the not to miss places to visit in Hyderabad.
- The famous Kohinoor diamond is also believed to be mined in this city. Currently, it is in the UK as the Britishers took it from India and have kept it in a museum.
- When it comes to technology and growth, then also the city of Hyderabad doesn’t lag behind. The IT sector is growing rapidly and many famous companies like Yahoo, Oracle, Microsoft, Nokia, Accenture, AMD, DELL have created their base here.
- It is also called the ‘city of artificial lakes’ as it has got over more than 140 different lakes. Osman Sagar, Himayat Sagar and Hussain Sagar are few of the most famous ones.
- This place is also the main Centre for the films industry. Tollywood is a big industry and it comes at 2nd spot after Bollywood. The Ramoji Film City which is located in this city and is spread over 2000 acres of land is regarded as the biggest studio for films in the world.
- This place also gave great sportspersons like Sania Mirza, the icon of tennis in India.
- It is also the hub for education and especially for engineering. A district called Ranga Reddy which is in Hyderabad has the largest number of colleges for engineering in the country.
- Osman Ali Khan University is also there where more than 17000 students can be accommodated and are the seventh oldest one in the country.
Hope you enjoyed reading this article.